We are a 3rd generation, 70-year-old specialty retailer.
Our main goal is to provide the best possible equipment and the best possible prices all while giving the best customer service you could ask for. Our full-time staff has collectively over 90 year’s experience, and our part-time staff comes back year after year.
What separates us from other sporting goods stores is our dedication to our sports. We only sell what we do, therefore we know all of our products inside and out.
Chris Started working at the shop in 1981. As a 3rd generation Zeller, he has enjoyed seeing the shop adapt to the changing wintersport industry. He and his brother David and sister Ann purchased the store from their aunt and uncle and mother in 1995. Under the new regime of Zeller’s, they brought in the paddles port side of the business in 1997, growing the shop into one of the largest kayak/S.U.P. dealers in the Midwest. Chris has enjoyed watching the 4th generation of Zeller’s (his niece Abby, nephew Nate, and Daughter Alyssa) start working at the store, making it truly a family business. In his time away from the store Chris enjoys power boating, paddles ports and spending time with his family at their vacation home in Door County.
- Skis: Rossignol Hero Elite TI+, Rossignol Experience 86Ti, Head Kore 105
- Boots: Rossignol All-Track 130 Pro
- Poles: Scott World Cup
- Goggles: Scott Notice OTG
- Outerwear: Picture Action Jacket and Pant
- Helmet: Giro Union MIPS
- Home Hill: Pine Mountain
- Favorite Resorts: Squaw Valley, Deer Valley
David started at the shop in 1983. After purchasing the store from his aunt, uncle and mother in 1995 with his brother Chris and sister Ann, they moved to our current location and brought in the paddle sport business. David has taken many heli/cat trips to resorts in UT,CO,and WA. He has also done quite a few long distance paddles including a Lake Michigan crossing from Manistique, MI to Harbor Springs, MI, trips up to Door County from Green Bay to Egg Harbor, and Green Bay crossings from Egg Harbor to Menominee, MI. In his time away from the store, he enjoys S.U.P.ing, water recreation in Door County, and cycling.
- Skis: Rossignol Hero Elite MT Ti, Head Kore 93
- Boots: Atomic Hawx Ultra 130
- Poles: Scott World Cup
- Goggles: Scott Notice OTG, Salomon S Max
- Outerwear: Burton AK Gore STK Jacket, Burton AK Gore Pant
- Helmet: Giro Grid MIPS
- Gloves: Seirus Hellfire
- Home Hill: Granite Peak
- Favorite Resorts: Mount Bailey OR, Whistler, BC Powder Mountain UT
Ben: General Manager
Ben started in the ski industry in 1995, when companies were first trying out the whole “Parabolic” ski shapes. With stints working for Salomon, K2 and Nordica, as well as freestyle competition in his younger years, as well as being featured in Powder Magazine and Ski Time. He has been back at the shop full-time since 2006. Outside of work, Ben enjoys cycling, paddlesports, and spending time with his family.
- Skis: Atomic X9, Salomon Stance 96, Salomon Stance 102, Salomon QST Blank, Armada ARV 106, Salomon QST 106 Echo
- Boots: Salomon S-Pro Supra 130, Salomon Shift Pro 130
- Poles: Leki Carbon 14 3D
- Goggles: Giro Cotact, Scott React, Salomon S-Max Sigma
- Snowboard: Jones Mountain Twin, Burton Custom
- Bindings: Burton Genesis
- Boots: Thirtytwo TM 3
- Outerwear: Stio Objective Pro Jacket,Stio Objective Pro Bib, Helly Hansen ULLR Chugach Powder suit, Stio Doublecharge Insulated Jacket
- Gloves: Hestra Gore Heli Pro 3 Finger, Hestra Fall Line Glove
- Helmet: Giro Jackson MIPS, Giro Grid MIPS
- Home Hill: Granite Peak
- Favorite Resorts: Powder Mountain UT, Alta UT, Jackson Hole WY
George: Assistant Manager/Snowboard Manager
George started in the ski/snowboard industry while finishing High School in 2015 at Outdoor Outlet in Appleton. Since the closure of Outdoor Outlet in 2016, he has expanded his knowledge of Outdoor Gear and Equipment working at Pete’s Garage, Recyclist Bicycle Co, and eventually finding his way to Zeller’s Ski & Sports in October of 2018, helping out Part-Time with winter sales and tuning while working with the State of Wisconsin. George began working Full-Time, becoming our Snowboard Manager in February of 2023. At the age of 3, his dad got him started skiing and snowboarding. Twenty-Two(+) years later he is snowboarding any chance he gets and is a proud member of the National Ski Patrol with his dad. When George is not working he is spending time with his family, golfing, mountain biking, skateboarding, and working on his car or motorcycle.
- Snowboards: Jones Aviator 2.0, Nitro Beast, Lib-Tech Apex Orca, Lib-Tech Apex Golden Orca, Salomon Huck Knife Pro, Burton Mystery Hometown Hero
- Bindings: Burton Malavita, Burton Genesis X, Burton Step On X, Union Atlas FC, Union Falcor
- Boots: Burton Photon Step On, Burton Driver X, Thirty-Two Lashed, Vans Infuse
- Outerwear: Burton [ak] Velocity Anorak Jacket, Burton [ak] Pro Tusk Hi-Top Pant, Thirty-Two Mullair Jacket, Volcom Cp3 Jacket
- Gloves: Burton Gore-Tex Mitt, Burton [ak] 3L Hover Mitt, Burton [ak] Tech Glove, Burton Park Glove
- Helmet: Smith Pivot
- Goggles: Smith I/O Mag, Oakley A-Frame 2.0
- Home Hill: Nordic Mountain and Granite Peak
Favorite Resorts: Jackson Hole WY, Palisades Tahoe CA, Steamboat CO
Tom Baeten: Tech/Bookkeeper
Tom started out at the shop in 1982 as a 2 week temporary employee and we haven’t been able to get rid of him since. We may be biased, but with over 30 years of experience, he is the best tech you can find. From a basic sharpen and wax to a complete base rebuild, Tom can do it all and get your ski/board conditioned better than how it came from the factory. He is also a guru at kayak and S.U.P. repair.
Tom’s favorite repair job is a punch. When a customer comes in with base damage on their equipment that is past the point of just some p-tex work, a punch is required. A punch actually removes base material and replaces it with new base that is set into place with epoxy. The base is then flattened and we put a new structure in it. By the time he is done your base is completely fresh and ready to shred.
In his spare time, Tom enjoys spending time with his family, hunting, fishing, and watching baseball